GUIDELINES FOR DEALING WITH AN
• Stay calm but act swiftly and observe the situation. Is there danger of further injuries?
• Listen to what the injured person is saying.
• Alert the first aider who should take appropriate action for minor injuries.
• In the event of an injury requiring specialist treatment, call the emergency services.
• Deal with the rest of the group and ensure that they adequately supervised.
• Do not move someone with major injuries. Wait for the emergency medics.
• Contact the injured person’s parent/guardian.
• Complete an incident/accident form.